Poisons and Toxins: What’s the difference?

We are exposed to many poisons and toxins in our modern lives. In the air we breathe, the water we drink and in the many products we use on our bodies and in our houses.
What’s the difference between a poison and a toxin? A poison is “any substance that can cause damage to an organism when sufficient quantities are absorbed, inhaled or ingested” Anything that is absorbed into our body¬† that can cause damage. A toxin is a poisonous substance produced within living cells or organisms. We often refer to chemicals as poisons and toxins. Chemicals can be synthetic or natural, both of which can be harmful to the body.

We are exposed to many of them daily:

  • Chlorine and Fluoride
  • Lead and Mercury
  • Asbestos and Petrochemicals
  • Glysophate and other pesticides

But the majority of the chemicals we are exposed to are from the products we use daily. These include:

  • Formaldehyde
  • Methylene chloride
  • Phthalates
  • Triclosan
  • Synthetic fragrances
  • Glycols
  • Sodium Benzoate
  • Parabens
  • Synthetic Colours
  • Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS)

These chemicals are in our shampoo and conditioner, our soap and body washes, deodorants, toothpaste and deodorant to name just a few.

The liver is the body’s natural defense against toxins, it breaks them down and they are excreted. When our exposure is small the liver copes really well.
The problem is our daily exposure is increasing, and long term this can have concerning health implications.

That is why I would love for you to try some of our non-toxic personal care products.

BECAUSE YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE TODAY!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe now for new product release information, discount offers and article updates.

No, thanks!